Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Hazy Canvas ...




Did I mention the spectacular view balcony at office offers ? The view of vast expanses of marshlands on the eastern fringe of calcutta..with coconut trees gently swaying their heads near the horizon as if daring you to reach for them.

It used to be my favorite haven for last six months or so (...ofcourse I used to spend some time on my desk..evryone deserves moments respite :) .. each day the balcony offered a new look...i saw the waterbody still as a mirror...i saw fiery storm raise its head from the back of that tall building at distance and weave their own alpana on water...i saw the restlessness on the surface as the tropical rain came down pitter-patter...slowlyy and playfully...i saw powerful lightning lashing the horizon...and of course I saw nothing at all when heavy downpour blurred all that was there to view and painted the entire canvas in a dull monochrome.

Just as I was leaving this balcony forever today, I watched this bird ...the tiny one... as she kept fluttering her wings in desperation against the strong wind. She was making frantic attempts to tide past the obstacles...quite a strong one for her at that...what impressed me was she never flew with the wind which would have been so easier an option but kept fighting against the odds.

She sure knew her direction home...

2 comments:

Chaos said...

Nice post. Would sure want to know whether the bird finally reach home? or was she thwarted by the gutsy wind. I believe she did. :)

journey called life said...

wish i knew :)